#FairTuesday Pinterest Contest Promoting Fair Holiday Shopping - 11.13.2013
In the midst of Black Friday and Cyber Monday craziness, Fair Tuesday is a movement created as an ethical shopping initiative to inspire conscious consumerism and show how an everyday purchase can change lives in a whole community. Of course we at Sambazon, being a a fair trade company ourselves, really wanted to help increase #FairTuesday awareness and be part of the Fair Tuesday Pinterest Contest:
We want you to go on a Pinterest ethical shopping spree to show us your wish list of favorite ethically-produced items for a chance to win a massive basket of fair goodies for the holidays, worth over $700.
What does your perfect ethical shopping spree look like? A set of ethically sourced tea with a side of chocolate from Madagascar? A bangle from India and a handmade earrings from Kenya? Toys from Nepal and beautiful stationery from Cambodia?
Pin away so we can see what your perfect ethical world looks like!
Here are the rules:
- To enter this contest, you must follow Fair Tuesday on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/fairtuesday
- Create a board called “Fair Holiday Gifts”
- Fill that board with at least 15 pins, but feel free to add more if you’d like! Make sure that at least 5 of those pins are from Fair Tuesday partners (see full list of partners on www.fairtuesday.org)
- Add the hashtag #FairTuesdayGifts to each pin, with a description of why the item would make a great gift, or who it could be given to (your older sister, a teacher, grandpa, etc.
- To enter, post a link to your board in the comments section of this blog post
- Enter before November 27, 2013 and a panel of judges including Lauren Conrad (The Little Market), Hannah Skvarla (The Little Market & Hello Giggles), Haylie Duff (The Real Girl’s Kitchen), Rhea Alexander (Parsons The New School for Design & Digs.com) and Maureen Dunn (Mata Traders) will select one grand prize winner and five runners-up on Fair Tuesday (December 3, 2013). We’ll announce the winners on Fair Tuesday, December 3, 2013.
GRAND PRIZE: Mata Traders Cupcake dress and Crown Point Necklace; One Mango Tree Convertible Bucket Bag; Sambazon Wood Bowl & Spoon, Recipe Book, Açaí Seed Necklace and Case of Freshies; Numi Tea World Of Tea Collection; Greenola Style Chadwick Hat; The Little Market Alpaca Knit Beanie; Rising Tide Fair Trade Thembela Shoulder Tote; Nakate Brown Songa Necklace; Azizi LIfe Teardrop Basket and a Woven Bowls Set; One Degree South Diani Necklace in Ice.
5 RUNNERS-UP: Mata Traders Sylvia blouse and Rule the Roost earring; Sambazon Açaí Seed Necklace and Bracelet (alternatives: Sambazon Wood Bowl and Spoon Sambazon Recipe Book, Sambazon Case of Freshies, Sambazon Etched Drinking glass); One Mango Tree Everyday Hobo (alternatives: One Mango Tree napkin set (4 kiting napkins), One Mango Tree Apron, One Mango Tree Scarf); Numi Tea Holiday Tea; Greenola Style El Greco Earrings and Nakate Muwanvu Treeless Paper Necklace in Banana (only the first runner-up); Azizi LIfe Banana Twin Purse and Two Woven Bowls or Woven Bowl and Banana Leaf Placemat and one of the following: One Degree South Rainbow Drop Earrings, Black and Red Fishbone Earrings, Upendo Bracelet in Ice, Toggle Bracelet in Aqua/Gold, Tana Turquoise Stone Bracelet.