How To Make an Açaí Bowl - 04.04.2013
Now that you’re excited about National Açaí Bowl Day, you know what an açaí bowl is and have the tools to blend one up, let’s talk about how to make the best açaí bowl ever! Making an açaí bowl is super simple: Blend tasty ingredients until smooth but thick texture, pour into a bowl, then top with all the goodies your heart and stomach desire! Easy, right?! Totally. But there are a few tips we’ve uncovered after years of serious açaí bowl creation that can make bowl-making even easier.
- Make sure you have all the ingredients you need to make your favorite bowl. The most basic ingredients to make one açaí bowl are 2 Sambazon Original Açaí Smoothie Packs, half an organic banana, 1/8c liquid, and toppings.
- Let your Sambazon Smoothie Packs sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before using or run them under warm water for about 5 seconds.
- When filling your blender, add soft stuff (like fresh fruit) first and add frozen goodies on top. This will keep your blender happy for future bowl making.
- Add a splash of liquid at a time so your Açaí bowl doesn’t turn into a smoothie. You can always add more liquid, but it’s not as fun to thicken up a liquidy bowl.
- Before opening your Smoothie Packs, break the contents into smaller pieces for easier blending and a smoother final product.
- Now that you have your ingredients in your blender in the right order, start your blender on low until the big chunks are chopped then slowly work up the speed.
- Before adding more liquid while blending, first try stopping the motor and scraping the mixture toward the blades so everything has a chance to become smooth.
- You will reach top speed as your açaí bowl starts to have the same uniform color. Keep it at this speed for 10-20 seconds.
- Pour your mixture into your favorite bowl and top with a variety of toppings to give yourself maximum fullness satisfaction. Try to get different colors, flavors, textures, and nutrition piled high!
BONUS Tips of the Trade:
- Start simple with your ingredients. You can always add more and more… and more!
- Avoid ice. It waters everything down and will actually make your açaí bowl separate as the ice starts to melt. Não é bom.
- If you want your bowl super thick, try using frozen fruit instead of fresh (especially bananas).
- A little honey drizzle will make your bowl look glorious and taste extra special!